About The Women, Gender & Sexuality Studies ProgramMission Statement
The Women, Gender & Sexuality Studies program is committed to educating students about the relationships among identity, power, and knowledge toward the ends of social justice and empowerment.
We are an interdisciplinary program that focuses on how feminist, queer, and transgender studies intersect with race, gender, sexuality, class, and nation.
We support the development and application of new theories of feminist, queer, and transgender studies throughout the university and the application of feminist, queer, and transgender methods in order to evaluate critically scholarship and research in the disciplines.
In addition, the program seeks to educate students in ways that enable them to respond to issues that affect the lives of all people locally, regionally and globally.
- Excellence in teaching, research, service, and activism.
- Support for student growth and success.
- Critical thinking in and outside of the classroom.
- Diversity in our curriculum, faculty, students, and staff.
- Partnership and community throughout the university and beyond.
- Excellence in Research and Teaching
- Student Growth and Support
- Faculty Development
- Interdisciplinary and Creative Partnerships